Dear partners and friends,
we are excited to announce that all cartons we use in egedeniz are now.
This means that the cartons we use will be produced with respect to fsc principles, keeping the wellbeing of local communities, workers and the ecosystem in mind.
This is another step towards something egedeniz is passionate about: Contributing to a better future for the earth and everyone sharing it!
WHAT IS FSC?
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international certification and labelling system dedicated to promoting environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests. FSC was created in 1993 to help consumers and business identify products from responsibly managed forests. FSC has developed a system of forest certification and product labelling that enables people to identify responsibly sourced wood, paper and other forest products.
HOW DOES THE FSC SYSTEMWORK?
FSC runs a global forest certification system with two key components: Forest Management and Chain of Custody. The certification process is carried out by independent organizations called certification bodies, which assess forest managers and forest product companies against FSC standards. FSC certification allows companies to label their FSC products which then enables consumers to choose products that support responsible forest management.
- The Organization shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and nationally-ratified international treaties, conventions and agreements.
- The Organization shall maintain or enhance the social and economic wellbeing of workers.
- The Organization shall identify and uphold Indigenous Peoples’ legal and customary rights of ownership, use and management of land, territories and resources affected by management activities.
- The Organization shall contribute to maintaining or enhancing the social and economic wellbeing of local communities.
- The Organization shall efficiently manage the range of multiple products and services of the Management Unit to maintain or enhance long term economic viability and the range of environmental and social benefits.
- The Organization shall maintain, conserve and/or restore ecosystem services and environmental values of the Management Unit, and shall avoid, repair or mitigate negative environmental impacts.
- The Organization shall have a management plan consistent with its policies and objectives and proportionate to scale, intensity and risks of its management activities. The management plan shall be implemented and kept up to date based on monitoring information in order to promote adaptive management. The associated planning and procedural documentation shall be sufficient to guide staff, inform affected stakeholders and interested stakeholders and to justify management decisions.
- The Organization shall demonstrate that, progress towards achieving the management objectives, the impacts of management activities and the condition of the Management Unit, are monitored and evaluated proportionate to the scale, intensity and risk of management activities, in order to implement adaptive management.
- The Organization shall maintain and/or enhance the High Conservation Values in the Management Unit through applying the precautionary approach.
- Management activities conducted by or for The Organization for the Management Unit shall be selected and implemented consistent with The Organization’s economic, environmental and social policies and objectives and in compliance with the Principles and Criteria collectively.